Saturday, January 30, 2010

Learning something new

Is my mind crazy or is my brain non-functioning. Perhaps it is my heart that fears to fail. Whatever it is, I learned a long time ago that I need a lot of patience which I certainly had to have in establishing this blog.

Getting set up was like driving my car in a strange town, going the wrong way in the wrong direction on the motorway. With fear and panic rising and with hope and a yearning for success, I took myself off the road. Took a deep breath and said to myself there must be an easier way to learn.

When I was very young, learning was a struggle and my mind still believes that I will fail. So, without too much complaining I persevered and here I am writing to you in spite of all my failures. I can write, I can speak, I can hear and I can see, so that is a start. So for those who are still wondering how to get your own blog, this is what I went through.

First I search google for their blog connection. I found http://www.blogger.com/. Then I was excited until I realise I did not understand exactly what all the terminology meant. It was like speaking Swiss, when I have no idea what I am saying. Anyway, I checked and double checked and somehow found my way to put in my email address. That was the easy part along with my private supper code...... such a secret that I can never forget it! Ha! So, on to the next thing?

Then I had to set up my profile. What the hell was that? Sounds like I was going to prison. Well, modest me put some simple stuff in and it refused me over and over again until I put everything in. Ah well! So, now I have a connection and ready for my blog. But where was it?

After repeated attempts I finally found that I needed to go into my account and write my blog, but when it was done where was it? Oooooh, frustration!!!! Well, after much ado I found it and many typos, but I published it anyway. But, then how could I correct anything later? More searching and finally I noticed Dashboard. What was it? The way to get to my blog and to correct stuff. Well, now I know, but who was going to read any of what I wrote? How was I going to connect to people on the web and who was going to respond? Well, never fear, my intuition kicked in. "Send it to my friends." But how?

Well a few hours later, after fiddling for some time and getting nowhere. I remembered I had a Gmail list.. and facebook and a connection to Healing International and - wonder of wonders - it worked. So, now I quietly type away hoping that someone is reading this blog.

Is my mind still? No! I am busy thinking all the time about things I can write and how many more blogs I can have. So, I have a long way to go before this mind of mine can rest. Oh, the technical age! Poor old me, born to simple calculus which I have forgotten anyway. Is my mind ready to quit? Not yet, so the journey goes on. Learning is such sweet joy, and yes I now know how to edit my blog. Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment