Thursday, January 28, 2010

Dyslexia

Ever since I can remember my brain turns things around. My spelling was always atrocious as my English teacher informed me. My ballet was good, but the trouble was that every time I was told to dance to the left, I went off to the right. It was so debilitating and frustrating. Of course, no one even knew about dyslexia in those days. Well it is in the family gene Grandmother had it, my sister has it and so do her sons and my eldest.

Wat is annoying is that as I get older, my fingers type all the letters of the words in the wrong order and I have to keep going back and spell checking. Well, I finally found out how to do this on this blog. So great! I have corrected them all.

When the mind becomes so confused with images, words and actions, it is easy to sound wrong. Often I would say a sentence and everyone looked at me weirdly. I.e. I have put the vases on the step. What I thought I said was I have put the milk bottles on the step. Years ago, I was sure I knew what I saying, but now that I have slowed down, I see myself using the wrong words a lot, or typing words that look crazy.

The new generation of kids are often like me. They cannot spell well or get jumbled up in their minds. We have to be patient and teach them to use images. When I lose a word, I scan my images until I find it, then the word pops up.

Funnily enough, it never happens when I am teaching with Spirit Guides in my head. That alpha part of my brain works well. All kids today need to learn to use their psychic senses. So, if you do not know much about them, try reading some books.

No comments:

Post a Comment