Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Does a rope really defy gravity?

Well according to my Grandpa, it does in India. When he first saw this, he thought it was a trick, so he decided to check it out. In those days there was only metal wires. Of course, he looked for those. There was no nylon thread and so he looked for cotton. He could find no attachments to the rope. Then he looked inside the rope for some kind of spring that would send the rope up slowly. Nothing! Finally he gave up and asked the piper how the trick was done. The native told him it was not a trick, but a state of mind.

Now he wondered, was he hypnotised to believe the rope was rising while the sound of the mellow piper played. So, he asked the piper to not play. The man refused insisting it was his way of focusing on making the rope rise. So, now Grandpa studies the pipe. Nothing there. Finally, he asked how do you do it? The man replied `It is a state of mind. Many years to practice and master this technique.

Well, that set my Grandfather to thinking about his own state of mind. So, everywhere he went he was always checking his thoughts and thinking outside of the box. By the time I was old enough to hear this story, I got the message too. I have been thinking outside the box in all my paranormal activities. I want answers. To accept that something is just as it is worries me. So, if I get sick, I have to check all the usual answers and then beneath, over and around them to find the cause. I have been doing that this weekend.

1 comment: