Monday, January 25, 2010

The aliens are here?

My grandfather was also a pioneer in exploring unusual events. One of which was the mysterious landing of a space ship. I was about eleven or twelve when my sister and I went to stay with our grandparents. A telephone call came, and immediately he insisted I went out with him. My sister was too young. We drove in Sussex for about 1 hour and came to a field. He was highly excited. He told me how there was burned grass and weird smells in this area. I could indeed smell unfamiliar fumes. We walked a mile or so and came to the place. Sure enough, there were burned trails (3 of them) very long extending out from the burned circular center in approx 200 ft. lengths His theory was that a space ship had landed here, burning the land on it decent while landing on its three fins, it had burned the center and the ground under the fins to a dark black than had penetrated the earth to a depth of two feet or so. We searched for a long time, while he measured and double checked his measurements. He assured me they were exactly/precisely symmetrical and equal in every way. Two men came to meet us then. They were official people who were also checking the site. I was not allowed to listen to their conversation.

While all this was going on, I had my own ideas. It seemed to me that a space ship looking like a fish had landed, and then taken off - years later when I say the rocket to the moon, I felt it was just like the one I had seen in my head. So, who came here first!

The interesting end of this story is that my Grandfather took me back to that same place several years later and he showed me how nothing had ever grown where the land had been burned. You could still see the shape clearly and he told me that the land had been tested and strange and unusual chemicals had been found in the soil which no-one knew about! So, was it our future, coming back in time with a space rocket or someone from somewhere else. Well, I guess I will never know. At that time it seemed impossible to build a rocket, let alone see one. Now look how often we send space-ships up!!

1 comment: