Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Time on my mind

What time is it? Well, perhaps my inner time clock says it is time to go to bed, while my watch says it is time to get up. Where am I? How did I get from here to here and loose time or gain time? My brain searches for the right answer, but my body pays no attention.

Yes, I arrived home in time, but now I cannot be sure when and where I will need to sleep, nap, or simply muse over the day in day-dream slumber. So, confusing to think that yesterday is today, or tomorrow is now! Travelling half way around the world can do that to you! Perhaps there is no tomorrow, or maybe there is always yesterday in my mind.

So many people spend time remembering, seeing and re-looking at yesterday while their brain revisits those forgotten photos that were taken in the blink of an eye. Memories colored by emotions, lost in untrained thoughts that rise like eagles soaring or vultures consuming. Day by day, night by night the past is re-enacted. How then can we speculate on the future?

Tomorrow is built upon now. Enjoy the moment and know that another day shines in just a few moments and now will soon be forgotten - lost in the sea of memories, awaiting your continual inspection!

No comments:

Post a Comment