Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Nothing is the same!

I heard my grandparents repeatedly saying that nothing was the same then and now as I stand here in my world, and find myself saying those words again. Where has my childhood gone? What happened to those quiet and lovely summer days?

I was walking in the park enjoying the local Japanese garden with the sun shinning through the trees yesterday. It was so peaceful for 1 minute. Then along came a man chatting away on his cell. Then I began to look around. Everyone was on a cell phone; speaking, checking mail, or simply playing a game. Their eyes were focused on this little machine. Not once did any of them look up. If there was a moment of awareness beyong that tiny box, it was to look at their watch. Safe to say, it was too annoying to have to leave the page they were focused on. The fact that the cell phone is also a time piece forgotten.

What would my grandmother say if she had to use a cell phone. Probably, just like me, make some explanation, such as I don't have the time to worry about learning this now. Maybe later!

So, what has this world come to? Small electronic machines that bombard our Auras day and night. No time for sweetness and wonder. No appreciation for the birds that sing; the cats that mew and the dogs that bark in the distance. No time to listen to nature because their I-pod is playing. How can we be so introverted; so alone in a world of technology?

Now, here I am repeating those words. "Nothing is the same!" Truth be told though, yes there is a lot that is the same if we just take time to look up, out and about. When did you last take a really good look at the world? When did you last remember and enjoy what was, and still it?

1 comment: