Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sharing

When I was little, my grandparents told me to share my knowledge with anyone who would listen. The problem was that no one wanted to listen to a child. Whenever I had 'pearls of wisdom' to help the adults, I was told to be quite and not to interrupt. Well, those adults talked and talked around issues, their problems and got themselves all worked up while I sat there patiently waiting for my chance to share my views. Of course, in those days, the opportunity never came, I got bored and ran off to play.

As the years went by, I noticed that even as an adult, no one was listening to me. Everyone was busy asking questions and before I could give an answer, there was a new topic on the table, or someone else was chipping in with their point of view. So, still I did not get my chance to share.

Yet, despite all this constant isolation, rejection and disappointment that no one wanted to listen to me, something inside me kept pushing me to teach. Slowly, as I adjusted my mind to this possibility, the doors opened. The Spiritualist Churches wanted to listen to me; then came the expos and from their to travel around USA, UK & Japan. So many doors opened and I was finally able to share all that wisdom I had been holding onto for so long. I even wrote books and published them and did lots of TV shows including my own.

Today, was a fulfilling day! My students were eager to learn and ready to absorb my every word. What satisfaction! To know that there are many people in the world who are listening now is fantastic. Are you ready to empty your mind and listen to someone instead of arguing with yourself or anybody else.?

If so, I would love to get questions from anyone who would like to pick my brains! I do still have plenty to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment